Learning Activity: Exploring the 5 Elements
To examine the basics of 5-element shiatsu in order to determine if it’s right for you
- What are the 5-elements?
- Read 5-elements framework and the elements to help you understand the 5-elements.
- Take the 5-elements personality-type quiz.
- Below is some information about each element:
- Wood Meridians: Gallbladder and Liver
- Emotion: Anger
- Yearns to do,be in charge,makes rules, demands freedom, invincible
- Values: action, challenge, uniqueness, independence, achievement
- Fire Meridians: Heart, Small Intestine, Pericardium, and Triple Heater
- Emotion: Joy
- Lives in the moment, loves saying yes, desires sensation/feeling
- Values: intimacy, spontaneity, expression, passion, merging
- Earth Meridians: Stomach and Spleen
- Emotion: Worry
- Being a the still point, wanting to be needed, desiring change
- Values: relationships, stability, sharing, harmony, Loyalty
- Metal Meridians: Lung and Large Intestine
- Emotion: Grief
- Likes creativity, aspires toward beauty, knows what is right
- Values: order, purity, reason, simplicity, quality, standards
- Water Meridians: Bladder and Kidney
- Emotion: Fear
- yearns for truth, connection..yet enjoys being left alone
- Values: Solitude, mystery, originality, privacy
Now you have:
- a self-care plan
- a basics understanding of shiatsu
- a basics understanding of the 5-elements
But how do you know if it’s right for you?
I hope these activities have helped you better understand your self-care plan and how receiving 5-element shiatsu might help improve your self-care plan!
Self-reflection: Do you feel you have meet the learning objectives? Why? Why not?